Saturday, October 1, 2011

Drugstore Haul & First Impressions

I recently stopped into one of my local drugstores that I haven't visited in a long while. I was happily surprised by the selection in their cosmetics section and found what I went for and more.



In addition to the two Revlon foundations I purchased, I picked up two trios from Wet N Wild's Dreamweaver collection.

"Bright Idea" (right)

Natural Light/No Flash
Flash

The Earth Looks Small From Down Here (left)



Natural Light/No Flash
Flash
I also picked up another The One Sweep Sculpting Blush Duo from L'Oreal (#830 Flush) hoping for a bit more pigmentation than the first one I got. I didn't get it. I had to REALLY work to get the color built up to get these swatches.

Natural Light/No Flash
Flash
 Lastly, I picked up a few nail polishes. The pink and clear sparkly one are an unknown brand that came in the cute pumpkin bottles. They claim to glow in the dark and they did, but not terribly brightly. I wasn't able to get a photo of that. The blue is OPI's Suede in Russian Navy. The left is without a topcoat which is how it's meant to be worn. On the right I ignored the directions (because OPI is not the boss of me) and used a topcoat. I like it. The texture still shows through and the wear time is bound to be better. Only the matte finish is lost.

Natural Light/No Flash




If you're interested in hearing more about my thoughts on these products, please check out my You Tube video:



Smile & Be Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment