Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Urban Decay's Naked2 Palette!

If you've been anywhere in the online makeup community in the last week or so, chances are you've heard about Urban Decay's latest palette, the Naked2. Their Naked palette last year was a HUGE success and it took many Urban Decay fans several months to get their hands on one. This year's palette promises to be almost as elusive. Since it's release on Thursday (Dec. 1st), it's sold out on the Urban Decay site at least twice to my knowledge, the first time being Thursday afternoon! Thankfully, like many others who hunted for the Naked palette last year I learned my lesson and grabbed up two on Thursday morning. I'd only done a quick bit of research before buying which is pretty unlike me, especially for a $50 palette. But I knew Urban Decay's shadows have never disappointed me and the palette seemed different enough from the first one that I didn't hesitate. I'm glad I didn't.

Here is the video I made when I received the palette. Incidentally, my package arrived Monday - only 4 days after ordering!



And here are the swatch pictures as promised. I don't do swatch pictures often for many reasons, a few being that I don't like doing them (weird for a beauty blogger, no?) and I'm TERRIBLE at it! But, for what it's worth, here they are:

No Flash, Indoor Fluorescent Lighting

With Flash - Indoor Florescent Lighting

With Flash - Indoor Florescent Lighting
 
If you have any suggestions to improve my swatch pictures, lighting, etc., please feel free to leave a  comment. I am always interested in trying and learning new ways of doing things.

Smile & Be Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment